Hello All! I’m back from moving 12 years of accumulated stuff into a much smaller but much healthier and greener space. Wowsers moving can be stressful! I am soooo glad it’s over. My recent move and the stresses that went along with it, got me thinking about stress in general.
There is so much in our everyday lives that can cause stress. Large & small, we tend to stress over life in general. We stress about jobs, kids, weight, relationships you name it, we stress over it.
Here are a few great ways to de-stress and prevent that stress from being evident on our skin! 🙂 Anything that reduces stress is good for your overall well-being and believe it or not, will help prevent those “worry lines” (yep why do ya think they’re called that) It’s true!
Time Out ~ Adult Version
- Take a few minutes to listen to your favorite music and breathe deep for 5 minutes. Music can be very soothing and relaxing.
- Watch a slide show of your favorite photos.
- Dab calming lavender pure essential or aromatherapy oil on your pulse points. (behind your ears, wrists and behind the knees).
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while and catch up.
- Take a Nap!
- Have a little chocolate treat and a good book. Even if it’s one chapter and 4 little squares of chocolate.
- Take time for a tea break. Green tea is great but any tea will do. Put your face over the cup and deeply inhale the steam. This is a great way to relax, refocus and give yourself a fast pore cleansing facial at the same time! *SMILE*
At the end of the day, treat yourself to a nice soak in the tub. Make time for yourself and you’ll be a happier and healthier you! You’re the only you you’ve got! So take care of you. K?
Add the following to a hot steamy bath and soak your cares away.
3 drops bergamot essential oil
2 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops neroli essential oil
2 drops sandalwood essential oil
Have a GREAT de-stressed day!
All The Best To You!