Good Morning All!
Today I would like to outline a few ideas for a mother-daughter spa day! Even if your daughter is younger, this can be loads of fun! Or if you want to spend a nice spa day with a girlfriend, aunt, cousin, whoever you choose, it’ll be great!
First things first. Breakfast! Make a healthy breakfast to get you started. Here’s an easy and delicious recipe you’re both sure to enjoy! Serve with fresh fruit and coffee, tea or juice and Enjoy!
Tip: To make sure your spa day is as relaxing as possible, mix up this batter the day before and refrigerate. Then just stir, pour and cook the next morning.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter melted, slightly cooled
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss with crystallized ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine with flour mixture. Stir in butter and fold in reserved crystallized-ginger mixture. Do not over mix.
- Heat a waffle iron and make waffles, using about 1/2 cup batter per each one. Keep warm in 200°F oven, if desired.
Yields: Five 5-inch round waffles * Serving Size: 1 waffle
I highly doubt that any waffles will find themselves uneaten. But, in the unlikely event there are, place in a zip-lock baggie and pop ’em in the freezer to enjoy on another morning. Feel free to label the baggie “MINE” 🙂 YUM!
After breakfast, you can have fun trying some or all of these great simple and very effective natural recipes!
- Wash and dry hands thoroughly.
- Scrub dirty nails with a soft-bristled toothbrush and a paste made of 1 tablespoon baking soda and a few drops of water.
- Shape with a file.
- Brush cuticles with vitamin-E-rich oil, which helps heal and condition, and let sit for two minutes. With your finger, gently rub in oil, pushing cuticles back and exfoliating dead skin. Wash hands.
- Massage 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil into hands. Dab off the excess with a clean towel.
- Gently buff nails with a three-sided buffer.
Sweet Scrubbie Time: Face & Body Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Enough cold-pressed olive oil to dampen the mixture
Gently massage this exfoliating scrub all over your face and or body before you shower with a light soaping and rinse.
- Mix a small palm-full of baking soda to your shampoo.
- Wash and rinse as usual.
Repair Hair Treatment:
INGREDIENTS (enough for 1 or 2 treatments, depending on the length and thickness of your hair)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5 drops essential oil (choose any you like)
- 1 plastic bag / shower cap that can fit over your hair
- Pour olive oil into a jar with a lid, then add essential oil. Put lid on jar and shake well to disperse the essential oil. Let sit for 24 hours in a cool, dark place. Shake again before use.
- Rinse hair with warm water. Warm 1 tablespoon of oil treatment in the palms of your hands. Using your fingertips (not nails), gently massage the oil into the scalp in a circular motion. Repeat until the entire scalp has been massaged. Rub the ends of your hair with the remaining oil.
- Place a plastic bag over your hair, secure by tying or with a hair clip or clothes pin, and allow the oil to remain for at least a half-hour.
- Rinse well, then shampoo as usual.
Shiny & Bouncy Hair:
- Pour one cup of beer into a glass and allow it to go flat and warm.
- Shampoo and rinse hair as usual.
- Pour the flat warm beer on your hair and work it through.
- Rinse thoroughly with luke warm to cool water.
Fabulous Feet Treat:
- Add 1/2 cup of Epsom Salts to a large pan of very warm water.
- Soak feet for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
Lime slices and mint leaves
Rose petals or lavender
Orange peel and rosemary sprigs
Dried seaweed and sea salt (great detoxifiers)
A few drops of a favorite essential oil (most popular are peppermint and lavender)
Now that you look & feel great! Get dressed up and go out for a nice dinner! Have fun!
Like I always say…*Everyday is a Gift! Unwrap like you MEAN IT!* 🙂
As always, if you do try any of the recipes or tips please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment on the related blog post. Thanks!
All The Best To You!!!
Pumpkin-Ginger Waffles:Country Living Magazine Home Spa Recipes:Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living Shiny Bouncy Hair:Adapted from Surprising Uses For Beer by Melissa Breyer Olive Oil Hair Treatment:The Herbal Home Spa ~ Greta Breedlove (Storey Books)