Pure coconut oil is a carrier oil. Carrier oils are oils that help to dilute essential oils. It’s botanical name is ”Cocos nucifera”. Coconut oil is very light and has so many benefits when taken internally and used topically. The benefits of pure coconut oil are really astounding! They include shiny healthy hair, radiant skin, great stress relief, help with maintaining cholesterol levels, stimulate thyroid function to facilitate weight loss, boost immunity, heal and regulate digestion and metabolism, relief from some kidney issues, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, dental care, bone strength & more!
Here are some details about how and why coconut oil works in all of these wonderous ways.
The many benefits of coconut oil is due to the presence of the various types of acids and qualities. Coconut oil contains high concentrations of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid. It also possesses wonderful antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial and soothing qualities. All of this combined, makes coconut oil a veritable treasure trove of healthy goodness all packed into one very cool and complex oil!
It helps in fighting harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia.
Topical / Beauty Benefits:
- Hair Care: Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. Regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff even if your scalp is dry. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair.
- Stress Relief: Coconut oil is very soothing and helps in removing stress by applying coconut oil to the head followed with a gentle massage helps in removing mental fatigue.
- General Skin Care: Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin as well. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skin. Gentle enough to use on babies as well!
- Problem Skin: Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
- Premature Aging: Coconut oil helps in preventing premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its antioxidant properties.
- Weight Loss: Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. Further, it increases the body metabolism by removing stress on the pancreas, thereby burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight.
- Heart Healthy: many people who coconut oil is not good for the heart. It does contain a large quantity of saturated fats. However, coconut oil is beneficial for the heart. It contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in preventing various heart problems including high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. The saturated fats present in coconut oil are not harmful as it happens in case of other vegetables oils. It does not lead to increase in LDL levels. It also reduces the incidence of injury in arteries and therefore helps in preventing atherosclerosis.
- Diabetes: Coconut oil helps in controlling blood sugar, and improves the secretion of insulin.
- Infections: Coconut oil is very effective against a variety of infections due to its antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. According to the Coconut Research Center, coconut oil kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, SARS, etc. It also kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, etc. Coconut oil is also effective on fungi and yeast that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, etc.
- Kidney: Coconut oil helps in preventing kidney and gall bladder diseases. Helps in dissolving kidney stones.
- Bones: Coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb important minerals including – bone beneficial calcium and magnesium.
7. Dental Care: Coconut oil facilitates the absorption of calcium into the body, thus helps with strengthening teeth. It also helps to stops tooth decay.
8. Athletics: Coconut oil is often used by athletes and body builders. Coconut oil contains lesser calories than other oils, its fat content is easily converted into energy and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. Coconut oil helps in boosting energy and endurance, and enhances the performance of athletes.
So there you have it, the whys, the hows, the complex deepness of this great oil that has it all! 🙂
Coconut Oil is A Super Oil! I am happy to offer it as one of my 3 main stars in my new health & beauty line! Launching Sept. 1st!
See You Soon & All The Best To You!!!