Did you remember that I was taking Sundays off from blogging? 🙂
I’m sorry for anybody who may not have known that my new blogging schedule does not include Sundays. So to make up for it, I will give you 3 super DIY beauty recipes today!!!
Woo-hoo!! yes indeedy! count ’em 3 easy DIY beauty recipes! 🙂
OK Ready? Here they are Enjoy!
Honey and Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask
(Adapted from the National Honey Board)
- 1 tsp brewed green tea
- 2 tsps dried figs
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsps aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tsp jojoba oil
- 4 tsp cornmeal
- In blender or food processor, puree figs then place in a mixing bowl
- Add pumpkin, honey and aloe. Mix well
- Stir in jojoba oil, green tea and cornmeal
- Reserve remaining green tea for another use.
To Use: Apply the mixture to cheeks, forehead, chin and neck. Massage in circular motions. Leave the thin layer of mask on face and neck for 15-20 minutes.
Rinse with luke warm to cool water, pat dry.
Keep any remaining mask refrigerated in an air tight container. This mixture will “keep” for about two weeks when stored properly.
A Sweet Feet Treat
Apply to hard, dry and calloused places on your feet. Massage in a circular motion with a pumice stone for a few minutes. Repeat every other day until your callused feet are conquered! 🙂
Coffee Cellulite Treatment
Save a bundle! Expensive cellulite creams all have one simple ingredient in common. Caffeine! Make your own cellulite treatment with caffeinated coffee grounds that really works!
Coffee for this recipe works best when the grounds are freshly brewed and still warm. So try this after your morning or evening coffee 🙂
- Mix about a quarter-cup of warm used coffee grounds with a tablespoon or so of olive oil.
- Step into your tub with the shower off to keep from messing up your floor 🙂
- Apply the coffee mixture to your cellulite areas using your hands or a body scrubber mitt.
- It’s OK if some of the mixture does not stick and falls to the bottom of your tub. There will be plenty that “sticks” to do the job.
- Wrap the area in plastic wrap
- Wait 5 minutes
- Unwrap and brush off excess coffee
- Shower with warm water
This method of cellulite reduction is most effective when repeated about two to three times a week.
So there you have it! I hope that you enjoy your recipes! As always, please let me know if you try any recipes and how they worked for you. If you decide to try a recipe, please bookmark the blog and leave a comment. Thanks so much!
Have A Beautiful Day!
All The Best To You!!!