Amazing how so many folks hate it huh!? There are T-shirts, movie quotes, cartoons, songs and now even an entire Facebook page dedicated to folks who hate Monday!
So I have to ask, what did Monday ever do to you? 🙂 It didn’t ask to be the day that re-starts the work week… It just drew the short straw I guess but, that’s no reason to hate poor Monday. Give poor Monday a break would ya? 🙂
There are many reasons to love Monday and here are some ways to make Mondays a special day instead of a hated one.
I actually tried this when I worked in the corporate world and it really works! When you have vacation days, if you can help it, don’t lump them all together. Use just 4 vacation days and try this.. take Mondays off for a month – if you can make it two months great, if not, one month of 4 day work weeks is great too! You’ll be surprised at how great you’ll feel giving yourself a 4 day work week for a month or two.
If you can’t take Mondays off, then try these ideas.
- Take a special lunch to work with you or treat yourself to a lunch out on Mondays.
- After work, treat yourself to a mini-spa session to refresh and revitalize for the rest of the week.
- Soak your feet and give yourself a pedicure.
- Relax with these De-Stress ideas.
- Make it a fun family game night.
- Make it a get together with a friend night.
- Make it your treat yourself to a dinner out night.
- Make it your treat yourself to a little goodie day / night.
Whatever “it” is, it’s just not healthy to hate Monday. So, just as it is with life, it is what you make it. Don’t be a hater, choose to make it Marvelous Monday instead! 🙂
Have a Beautiful Monday! & All The Best To You!!!