Recently, I shared my plans to start a more healthy diet and exercise regimen. I have been walking with my cousin for a mile or more daily. Well, this morning I literally popped up out of bed, full of energy and raring to go for the day!
In just a few short days, I feel 100% better! I can’t believe how much more energy I have already!
I encourage you to just get out and walk or get out and play whenever you are able.
Here are some tips to get you started before you walk:
- Stretch – do a few simple stretching exercises.
- Wear appropriate footwear (sneakers with support designed for walking or a good quality walking shoe)
- Bring your cell phone
- Bring a bottle of water and small snack
- Apply a natural sunscreen
- Wear good quality UV filtering sunglasses (besides squinting in the sun creates crow’s-feet around your eyes 😛 )
- If walking alone, please – for safety reasons do not use an iPod with the ear buds all the way in your ears. You still need to be alert and hear what is going on around you.
- If walking in the evening, walk in a well-lit area.
- If walking in unsafe areas, public park etc.. bring pepper spray (one cannot be too careful).
After your invigorating walk, you’ll want to take a nice shower. To keep your skin soft and hydrated, I recommend using a super-fatted soap (soap extra added beneficial oils / butters).
A good quality natural olive oil soap or natural goat milk soap. Follow up with a great natural bath / body oil like Trinity or Essential Elixir. These will keep your skin moisturized and protected against drying and cracking especially in the colder months. Also great as a leave in hair conditioner!
So Get Out! & Enjoy!
Here’s a hearty delicious soup recipe for your to try! 🙂 Make this soup when you have some time. It takes a little while but is soooo worth it! x0x0x0
Autumn Harvest Soup
makes 5-6 servings
1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
1 large onion
1-2 cloves garlic
3 carrots (2 sliced, 1 grated)
1 large sweet potato, cubed
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 butternut (or sweet squash), cubed
1 tsp. sea salt
6-7 cups vegetable stock or water
2-3 Tbsp. tamari
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. herb salt such as Herbamare
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
Dice onion and garlic and sauté in oil or water. Add sliced carrots, potatoes, squash, and sea salt to pot with enough stock (or water) to cover vegetables by an inch. Let simmer on low heat until vegetables are soft.
Remove 1/3 of the cooked vegetables with a strainer and blend with remaining stock (or water) until creamy. (Use less liquid for a thicker soup).
Add the remaining seasonings and blend again. Return mixture to soup pot and simmer for 10 more minutes. Season to taste.
Delicious served immediately and even better when reheated the next day.
Recipe Source: Incredibly Delicious: Recipes for a New Paradigm
Have a Beautiful Day & All The Best To You!!!