Today I will share two recipes with you that work great! and are super easy to make! Enjoy for yourself or give as gifts! x0x0x0
First A Lotion Potion
Here’s what you need to make about a 12 oz batch of lotion: 1-cup pyrex glass measuring cup, 2-cup pyrex glass measuring cup and a medium saucepan.
- 1/4 cup olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup liquid glycerin
- 1/4 cup emulsifying wax (available at craft stores or look for it online)
- 2-3 drops essential oil (pick your favorite)
The How To:
- Fill your saucepan with tap water and set it on medium-low.
- Combine the oil and emulsifying wax into the heat-proof 1-cup measurer.
- Place the 1 cup pyrex measurer inside the saucepan (the water in the saucepan will act as a hot water bath)
- Heat until melted in the saucepan water bath.
- Fill the 2-cup pyrex measurer with the boiling water
- When the oil/wax mixture has melted, pour the oil/wax into the boiled water and add the glycerin.
- Your lotion should now have the consistency of skim milk.
- Let it cool slightly, stir with a spoon
- Add your essential oil(s) now.
- Pour the lotion into a bottle while it’s still warm and pourable.
- Leave the lid off to let it cool completely, but occasionally place the lid on and give it a good shake to help blend the mixture.
Voila! There you have great handmade lotion! You’re welcome 🙂
- 1 cup Epsom salts or fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup carrier oil (sweet almond oil or olive oil)
- 5-10 drops essential oil(s)
- 1-3 drops food coloring (optional)
The How To:
- Stir salts and sugar together until evenly blended.
- Add the carrier oil while mixing next add the essential oil(s) until thoroughly blended.
I hope that you enjoyed today’s recipes! Go & make it a beautiful day! As always, if you try any of my recipes, I’d LOVE to hear your feedback! Please leave a comment for me and I will reply ASAP.
Thanks for reading! & All The Best to You!!!~ Patti (Yeshuazgirl)
If you want to treat yourself to some great products, my main store can be found here: http://www.bonanza.com/yeshuazgirl I am still building my ArtFire & Etsy stores and only keep limited stock there for now.