I keep hearing about holiday stress and how everyone is so busy and stressed out this time of year. My question is why?… Why do we make ourselves run around and do and do until we drop? By the time Christmas actually arrives, we’re either sick or too pooped to party.
Here are some great time savers and stress reducers for this Christmas season.
- Don’t run to the mall, buy online! You can shop in your PJs and do price comparisons without wasting gas and tons of time! PLUS you can find TONS of GREAT deals online!
I just bought a BRAND NEW book on Amazon for $1.99 + $2.99 Shipping. Retail Price $14.99 THAT was a no-brainer for sure!
- If you have a large family, pitch the idea of a Pollyanna instead of having to buy something for everyone.
- On a tight budget? Why not make cookies or a holiday bread of some sort? Anything handmade is wonderful! Handmade gifts are wonderful and you can even type up the recipe on a pretty card and tie it to the package.
- Not handy in the kitchen? No sweat.. there are tons of crafting ideas online. One of my faves of course is Martha Stewart! Check her out you will find a treasure trove of clever ideas for great gifts!
- Remember to take time out for yourself! Relax! – take a long soak in the tub with some relaxing music or a book.
And.. breathe 🙂 it always works out every year right? So don’t stress and don’t lose focus of what the holiday is really all about. So many of us get wrapped up in the pressure of buying that perfect gift.
T.V. commercials advertising TODAY ONLY sales and toys that you MUST have now or your children won’t love you anymore! yada yada yada…
Forget all of that! Instead focus on the true meaning, family and the togetherness that this holiday brings. Maybe even volunteer at a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, participate in a food drive, donate to a favorite charity, invite someone with no family to your own celebration.
Here are a few more great deals in case you choose the shop online option! Deadline to order is 12/19/2010 for Christmas Delivery 🙂 AND you can use Coupon Code ECOCHIC at checkout for 15% OFF! 🙂
Whatever you decide to do. Make this season merry and bright! Keep Christmas in your heart and you can’t go wrong 🙂
Thanks so much for reading! Go out and make it a Beautiful Stress-Free Day!
~ Patti (yeshuazgirl)