As promised here are more great tips and recipes for having a hassle free, low-budget Christmas celebration! Have a hard to get-for man in your life?
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So why not bake him some fabulous cookies!? place in a decorative tin and they’ll be appreciated more than you know! Not into the kitchen scene?
Well.. OK then.. here is another suggestion for that hard to please guy. A recipe for a great men’s aftershave! According to my online research, there is renewed interest among men in wet-shaving and using more traditional shaving soaps.
** Important NOTE: Recipes with essential oils will need to be kept in GLASS containers as the essential oils do not store in plastic and can even take on the plastic properties which are then transferred to your skin. Not Good. ** So it is important to follow the instructions exactly. OK End of public service and product safety announcement. Back to our regularly scheduled program. 🙂
Holiday Help Recipe #3
Cool Mint Men’s Aftershave
- 8 oz Witch Hazel Distillate
- 1 oz Vegetable Glycerin
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Lavender, Bulgarian Essential Oil
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
NOTE: You can pick up the essential oils at a Whole Foods Market or look up where to buy locally online. You will only use a little of the oils for this recipe and they are great to have on hand for more great DIY recipes so are worth the initial investment.
The How To:
- Combine the ingredients (except the essential oils) in a sterile container and mix thoroughly.
- Add the essential oils.
- Pour into either a glass bottle equipped with a sprayer top or an orifice reducer and cap. (Can purchase at any craft store) Your aftershave is ready to wrap and give as a great gift!
Holiday Help Recipe #4
Make a matching cologne to go with his aftershave! Told you those essential oils will still come in handy! *SMILE*
- 2 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Lavender, Bulgarian Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Add the essential oil blend to 2 oz of Everclear or high proof vodka. Stir and add 2 oz of distilled water.
Pour into either a glass bottle equipped with a sprayer top or an orifice reducer and cap. (Can purchase at any craft store) Your cologne is ready to wrap and give as a great gift!
Helpful Tip: To make your gifts look even better, you can pick up some printable sticky labels at the craft store or office supply store, create some labels and print them out to stick on your creations! 🙂
So there you have it! Yet MORE great recipes for you to make your own great gifts! Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Holiday Helps!
Thanks so much for reading! and Have a Beautiful Day!
~ Patti (Yeshuazgirl)
Aftershave Recipe Credit: Allison B. Kontur