In my continued effort to bring you some great, relatively inexpensive gift giving ideas this Christmas, I pulled out a few more great simple recipes to make!
Here’s the first one…
Holiday Help Recipe #5
Simple Soothing Bath Salts
- ¾ cup Epsom salts
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 4 drops of essential oil (scent of your choice)
Add the Epsom salts and baking soda in a medium-sized mixing bowl. One at a time, mixing thoroughly as each is added. Add the drops of essential oil while gently stirring the mixture.
To Use: Add about 2-3 Tbsp. To Your Bath & Enjoy!
You should be able to find these packaging supplies easily at your local craft store.
- Package in simple cello bags (like bakery type for cookies) tied with a bow and printed vellum tag with instructions and description of your bath salt creation 🙂
- Package in tins with see through lid, add ribbon and tag.
- Place in glass jars with tight-fitting lids (IKEA has these spice jars set of 4 for $2.99 pic @ left) tie with a bow and add tag as described above.
Holiday Help Recipe #6
Simple Soothing lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pellets
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or sweet almond oil
- plastic pipette
- essential oil of your choice
- Ball Canning Jar with Lid.
- Plastic Lip Balm Tubes or Small Tin Pots (Available at your local craft store or online)
- Place the beeswax and grapeseed or sweet almond oil in a jar close the lid.
- Heat the jar in a pot of water over low heat until wax has melted.
- Remove the canning jar from the pot.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly with a spoon.
Add more if you want a stronger scent but, keep in mind you can always add more but cannot take away if you add too much.
Stop and sniff carefully until the scent is to your liking. Use the pipette to transfer the lip balm to containers. Let set for about an hour.
Then decorate with sticky labels and/or ribbon. Give as gifts and enjoy!
As always thanks so much for reading and let me know if you try any recipes.
Have a Beautiful Weekend! For my next holiday help tips, stay tuned as I will return on Monday with gift ideas for the kids! 🙂
~ Patti (Yeshuazgirl)