You asked for it and here it is.. No small talk, no clever turn of phrase just solid, inexpensive, craft gift ideas and all around good advice to help make your Christmas less stressful and painful on your wallet! Let’s get started!
Holiday Help Craft Idea #3
Cookie Cutter Christmas Candles
(Even the kids can help with this craft! It’s SUPER easy & FUN!)
- Cookie cutters (choose shapes that can stand up with a flat bottom like Christmas Trees)
- Honeycomb wax sheets (available at craft stores an 8 by 16 inch sheet will make 1 or 2 candles)
The How To:
For each candle, use a cookie cutter to make 10 identical shapes from the wax sheets. Divide the shapes into two stacks of 5
- Sandwich a wick between the two stacks, starting at the bottom and extending it beyond the top by at least an inch. Press the sheets together gently. If they don’t stick together, take the wax layers apart and use a hair dryer to gently warm each one before re-stacking them, adding the wick as instructed above.
- Trim the wick to about a half-inch. Stand your candle up, shaping the base as needed to make it sit securely.
- And there you have a super simple great gift idea that the kids can help with too!
- 1 1/8 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly ground coffee (preferrable a mild roast)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 7 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 1/2 cups water
Holiday Help Recipe #1 Chocolate Truffles!
Recipe Credit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/
Instead of copying Food Network Star, Alton Brown’s great recipe, I just provided the link. Click on Chocolate Truffles. The cook time is only 5 minutes and yields 30 to 35 truffles. If you just put 6 to 9 in a box, you have several gifts from this one recipe. Perhaps include these with a small bottle of wine and a coupon redeemable for dinner at your place 🙂
Holiday Help Recipe #2
Christmas Coffee (A Dessert Coffee)
Ingredients: (Makes 12 Servings) Total Time: 15 mins
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and brandy; beat to peaks.
- Place ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in coffee filter.
- Using spoon, mix gently.
- Brew the coffee.
- pour coffee into 12 cups.
- Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.
Holiday Help Craft Idea #4
Chocolate Christmas Tree
Craft Idea Credit: http://www.craftbits.com/(Great Gift For A Teen Or Family With A Sweet Tooth!)
Total Time: About 30 Minutes
- Card board
- Mini size wrapped chocolates
- Pins or Hot Glue Gun
- Star or Ribbon bow for topper
You can use mini sized chocolate bars, snack pack or other small bars.
- Using some cardboard cut out a cone shape and stick the cone together using glue,staples or sticky tape. If you have a polystyrene cone then your ready to begin.
- Take your wrapped Mini Chocolate bar and start at the bottom.
- Either pin the packet or place a small dab of hot melt onto the cone.
- If you are using hot melt then place the bead of hot melt glue only on the wrapper end or the packet will not pull away later.
- Place the first row so that the end of the packet is flush with the bottom of the cone. This will allow the cone to sit flat on a table.
- Start on the next layer resting the bottom of the wrapper on the top of the row below as to hide the pins or glue marks.
- Keep doing this until you get to the top then finish it off with a little decoration.
There you have a great creative and inexpensive gift! 🙂
As always, thanks so very much for reading! and I hope that you have enjoyed these recipes and crafts!
Have a Beautiful Day! & All The Best to You!!!