OK it’s what, 3 days until Christmas? Time to get serious 🙂 if you’re still floundering with what to get and don’t have much time, here are some sure-fire pleasers for everyone in the family!
These are some great ideas for family fun not just making or giving gifts but, spending time together and re-connecting with one another.
Spend Time As A Family!
- Gather all your peeps and take them to a movie on Christmas Eve. Narnia is playing and I hear it’s great! We’re going to go see it Christmas Eve so maybe we’ll see ya there 🙂
- Bundle up and go for a walk around the neighborhood. Hand-deliver homemade Christmas cards and cookies to your neighbors.
- Get a few friends and their kids together, and plan to go Christmas Caroling! My hubby and kids and I did this one year when we were involved with some ministry in a very depressed neighborhood. When we knocked on doors, the first reaction was of suspicion and then when we began to sing, tears flowed, hands clapped and joy was spread abound. That simple act brought so much joy to those people, that I will never forget it.
- Helpful Hint: Print out the song lyrics and make multiple copies, put them in order in little report covers that kids would use for a book report. This way, everyone knows the words 🙂
- Make a large thermos of hot chocolate, and bring some cookies for snacks. Let the kids stay in their warm PJs, bring some snuggly blankies, pile in the car and drive around the neighborhood and oooh and aahhh at all of the Christmas lights on houses 🙂
- Get messy in the kitchen! Make cookies together! It’s fun to get messy in the kitchen with your family and the results are great too! You can even save a dozen or two to give as gifts!
- Make Christmas Candies! Here are a few great recipes from Martha Stewart!
Make It! Here are a few great craft ideas from (of course) Martha Stewart!Click on the links below for directions for each idea.
- Make Old Fashioned Dime Store Games for the kids!
- Make Monster Mittens!
- Make a Pair of Felt Baby Booties!
- Make a Gift Basket Filled with Your Loved Ones Favorites!
Well those are my last ideas for a great Christmas. I truly hope that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas! Have fun, laugh a lot, make memories, be grateful, don’t rush but, slow down and enjoy thoroughly and remember to rest, refresh and reflect on the reason for the season.
Wishing You & Yours a Very Joyous Christmas!